In the Beginning

It's been a long time since I started blogging.  I'm doing this mostly to become a better writer, and to hone my writing skills.  I also have a lot of funny and exasperating experiences being a mother of 6 children, so I want to document as much of that as I can.  At present, all four of my youngest children are in high school.  J is a freshman, A & D are sophomores, and C is a junior.  If the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, C will graduate next year.  Getting him through high school is comparable to pulling a tyrannosaurus rex through quick sand.  Yesterday he even said "Hey Mom, at least I'm only failing 3 classes now instead of 4 !"  We're told to celebrate the little moments, right?  How little is little?

Add caption
Currently, I spend my time sleeping during the day, and watching TV and keeping myself entertained
at night while everyone sleeps.  Sometimes I think it's the comfort of having them all home that makes me feel more productive.  In less than 4 years, most of them will be gone.  I can't honestly say if I'll be thrilled or sad that our house, which has been chaotic and loud since 2002, will be quiet. Then again, the lack of ambition in most of the kids may result in them living here for much longer than I anticipate.  At least then they will be working, and can worry about themselves.  Still, I've been a mom with kids at home since 1988.  26 years.  I don't know much else.

In less than a month, it will be 3 years since I lost my mom to cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer). I documented it here. There seriously isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her.  In all essences, I'm glad she is relieved of all her ailments.  She never really was very healthy after her 40's.  Even if the cancer hadn't killed her, I think something else would have.  She had also become very anxious, and was afraid to leave her comfort zone, mostly her home.  Again, I think that eventually, something along those lines would have taken her.  Still, it's hard to be without a mother.  I miss my dad (who died suddenly in 2001), but dads are different, I suppose.  I got to spend a lot more time with my dad, since he raised us, mostly.

I'm going to end for tonight/this morning.  Welcome to my blog, I guess.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss