"Crazy" Women

I was watching the AMA awards a few nights ago, and admired how Taylor Swift makes parodies of herself onstage.  Her latest song, "Blank Space," really makes me smile.

However, the video for the song is a little too creepy. She takes a knife and slices his picture, hacks up his [I have no idea what make of an expensive] car with a golf club, and sets his clothes on fire because he is, I suppose, texting another girl while on a picnic with Taylor. Oh yeah, and she might have murdered him and is kissing his dead corpse.   I guess I know of a few girls who have gone that batsh*t crazy over a guy.  Not me, however. Never, but come on, Tay! We might not want this image of women seeming normal!


Then I saw Selena Gomez sing her song "The Heart Wants What it Wants."  Oh, Sweet Sassy, dear girl. If the title isn't enough to make us rethink every "I shouldn't still feel this way,' relationship we've had, then there she is, showing  the world that women CRY over men.  Psht.  She sobbed at the end, Taylor Swift (her bestie) cried at the end in support.  Boo hoo. (and it's over Justin Bieber, nonetheless). Come on, gals.  Suck it up.  Can't we just, I don't know, go back and hit his car with a golf club?

I'm not sure which girl is worse, but I do know that the messages we send to the opposite gender have got to be so crazy confusing, it's a wonder they even want to have relationships.

 I hope, in most of us, there is a happy medium between these two extremes.

For your consideration:

Taylor Swift

And then Selena Gomez


No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss