My Kids Are Mean, aka Why I'm Skipping "Rudolph"

Being afraid of things when you are a 47 year old mother is kind of embarrassing, especially when your teenage children learn of these fears, and use them to torment you.  Last night, my kids were watching Rudolph, for the millionth time.  They know that I have always been afraid of the Abominable Snowman.  Seriously.  I always hated that part of the movie when I was little, and I'm not too impressed that now they make stuffed animals of the thing, and pass them off as "cute."  I mean, look at him!  He has those big, huge eyes, he doesn't talk, and he's just...scary.  Ok, maybe not that scary any more, but I'm not a fan. 

Last night, as I was sitting in my bedroom, I get a Facebook message from three of my darling children.  This is what they sent:

Yes, that's ME with the Rudolph body.  They are SO not right.

So yes, I'll be skipping Rudolph again this year, and plotting revenge against my kids.  That's the Christmas spirit!















No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss