My Own, Personal, Jesus Santa !

Santa and all of the kids, Christmas 2014



I have always loved Santa.  For the last ten years, this has a double meaning for me. You see, Santa, at least in our family, is my husband.  He has been playing Santa at my mother-in-law's Christmas every year.  He is a natural, as he, ahem, fits perfectly into the suit! ;)  He is also very jolly, and is awesome with the kids.  He also happens to be my favorite husband. ;)

What's fun for us is that as the kids are getting older, one by one, they are "figuring it out." All of our teens have, but they love to surprise the littler ones.  This year, the little girl in front (with the Santa hat and blue shirt) came up to me and said "I know the secret!" Of course, I asked her what it would be, and she said "I know who is dressed like Santa." She's almost 10, so I said to her "Well, now you know the grown-up's secret. What's fun is NOT to tell the other little kids. It makes us grown-ups happy to surprise the little kids. Now, you're like a grown-up." She just smiled, and ran away.  I didn't confirm or deny her suspicions, as I remember how devastated I was at about her age, when my whole class knew the "secret," and spoiled it for me.

What are your family holiday traditions?  Does anyone in your family dress as Santa?  Please share.


No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss