The Time I Caused Stress.. With Socks

I bought my husband socks for Christmas.  Yes, I know, I am a giver like that.  I was pretty proud of myself, since I splurged and got him actual Nike brand socks.  He's usually happy with any kind of socks, as long as they fit (he has a size 14 foot!).  It gave me a little thrill to think that he, who can never find socks that fit well, would enjoy the name-brand socks (with built-in extra support, even!).

from Nike.com
Christmas morning, he opens his gift.  He sees the socks.  I watch his face to see the gratefulness I expect for the NAME BRAND socks.  To my dismay, he says thank you, but not in a way that seemed impressed.  "Huh," I thought.  I reminded him that they were NIKE socks.  He was less than impressed.  I assumed he didn't realize the greatness of NIKE socks!

The next day, we were sitting on our bed, and I said "Aren't you going to wear your new socks?" He looked at me and said "You DO realize, don't you, that these have RIGHT and LEFT on them?" I said "Yeah, that's kind of cool."  He just rolled his eyes.

I started giggling as I realized that I had just cause my dear sweet husband extra stress when he said, "Now I have to worry about what freakin' foot I put my socks on! Oh, thanks Nike, for deciding that my life isn't complicated enough, that I had to make sure my SOCKS are on the right foot! Can't you imagine me going through my day with the left on the right foot?  Heavens no!  Or what about two left socks?! My OCD would drive me insane."

I couldn't stop laughing, as he informed me that generic socks would be ok in the future.

So much for name-brand socks! 

1 comment:

  1. I would agree those left and right socks are exasperating lol

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss